Participating in a workshop, class, or group offers an opportunity to learn and grow with others in a nurturing, safe environment.
A workshop is one session and any work is done during the workshop session.
A class is more than one session, is focused on cultivating greater knowledge, skills, and/or experience in a particular area, and may involve homework assignments to be completed outside of class.
A group is usually a more intimate space than a class. It involves around 6-12 individuals who sign up to meet regularly for a period of time to process and explore a particular theme for self-healing and development. It is led by a facilitator but emphasizes interaction among group members.
Current and Upcoming Workshops, Classes, and Groups:
“Breath, Body, Mind” 3-Week Course
- Offers education and experience in yoga, meditation, and relaxation skills
- 3-week ongoing course
- National Intrepid Center of Excellence (NICoE) at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD
- Open to patients at the NICoE
“Introduction to Mindfulness” 6-week course for healthcare providers and staff
- Offers education and experience in the benefits of mindfulness and how to apply mindfulness to yourself, your relationships and your life
- Two 6-week courses will run simultaneously (one on Mondays and the other on Tuesdays). Both start the second week of April, 2018
- Located at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD
- Open to staff and providers in the Military Health System.