Since technology has improved, lives have become busier, and we have experienced a global pandemic, many are finding that therapy and coaching via phone or video offers greater accessibility, affordability, and convenience.
You can receive guidance and support from the comfort of your own home, or wherever you may be, without having to deal with the hassles of commuting, traffic, or parking.
Providers can offer more flexible time options and charge less because there is no overhead for renting an office.
The research shows that phone or video therapy and coaching is not only effective, but people have a high satisfaction rate with it.
There are a couple of things you should know about phone and video services before deciding if it is a good fit for you:
- It is not recommended if you are dealing with psychosis, suicidality, addiction, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia or severe symptoms, be it depression, anxiety, or other conditions. For those issues, it is better to get traditional, in-person therapy.
- For video sessions, please make sure you have sufficient internet bandwidth to avoid disrupted use.
- Please have access to a quiet, private, well-lit room for sessions.
- I require payment before the session starts using PayPal on my website. Please choose the phone-based session option.
- Insurance plans don’t typically reimburse for online therapy, although some do. It is best to call your provider to ask.
If it sounds like a good fit for you, please get in touch! I look forward to hearing from you.