As your coach, I provide support, accountability, education, and skills-training on your journey to optimal health and well-being. The coaching process is present and future oriented. As opposed to psychotherapy, coaching does not diagnose or treat mental health disorders. It assumes a basic level of healthy functioning from which to grow.
While I provide both psychotherapy and coaching services (as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker and a National Board-Certified Health & Wellness Coach), it is important to understand that these are distinct offerings. To learn more about the differences between psychotherapy and coaching and to determine which may be a better fit for you, please contact me for a free phone consult. You may also read more about some of those differences here.
The areas of coaching that I specialize in:
Health & Wellness Coaching:
- Assess your current state of health and wellness in key domains
- Clarify where you are and where you want to be
- Create a wellness vision of your best self and best life
- Pick an area of focus where you are ready to start making changes
- Identify key strengths and resources to support change
- Explore and prepare for potential obstacles to change
- Set SMART goals and action steps
- Take action, review progress, be accountable
Stress Resilience Coaching:
- Gain an understanding of the autonomic nervous system and how it affects you physically and psychologically (based in the science of the polyvagal theory).
- Learn how to track your autonomic state and its manifestation in your own mind-body system
- Practice mind-body regulation and restoration skills to balance and build resilience
- Whether you are new to mindfulness or a more seasoned practitioner, get support and guidance in deepening your practice, incorporating mindfulness into your life, and using it as a tool for improving many areas of health and well-being. To learn more about mindfulness, go here. There are also many recommended resources to learn more here.